The Sabelspoort- of Eusebiuspoort has a long history and was severely damaged during the war, after which it was rebuilt and restored.
The Sabelspoort- of Eusebiuspoort (Eusebius Gate) originated in 1357. Where the gate first served as a fortress surrounded by a wall with loopholes, it was later used to trap prisoners and insane people. That's why it was also called the 'Geckenpoort. ' During World War II and the Battle of Arnhem, the gate was badly damaged. In 1952, the gate was rebuilt and since then it has been part of the adjacent Provinciehuis of Gelderland.
Sights & landmarks
Sabelspoort- of Eusebiuspoorthttps://www.leuketip.com/cities/arnhem/spots/sabelspoort-of-eusebiuspoort/582dc42be4b019b061618d79